The Combat update for Wurm Online is now live. The general changes to combat are:
- Separated defensive stances from attack stances
- Defending the direction a creature attacks is key to winning the fight
- Defending any of the adjacent directions will defend against diagonal attacks (for example, defending either top or left to defend against an upper-left attack will be effective)
- Autofight will now use the new stance system, however with a lesser effectivity than a player would
- Critical hits are now enabled in PvE combat and deal 150% of the original damage
- Shield blocking rate when fighting multiple opponents at once was increased
The update promises to make combat more interactive. Full patch notes can be found here.
A new achievement system was also added consisting of 80 different achievements for players to earn.