Everyone knows that a proper job requires the proper tools. That’s no less true when it comes to gaming. The peripherals you use can make a huge difference.
In our quest to find the best MMO mouse, we have found 10. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. Are you one of those people who like buttons on their MMO mouse galore or do you prefer to keep things simple?
Number of buttons: 12.
- Pointing Device Connectivity Technology: Cable/Wireless
- Pointing Device Wireless Technology: Radio Frequency
- Wireless Operating Frequency: 2.40 GHz
- Movement Detection: Optical
- Movement Resolution (dpi): 19000
Don’t worry, not all items on this list are as expensive as the ASUS ROG Spatha X. This is a premium choice that delivers everything we would expect from such a pricey item.
The design is all about straight lines and angular shapes. No more dragging your pinky along the pad as the Spatha X has a comfortable rest for the most useless gaming finger. Six of the buttons are placed on the side. If they are easily reachable or not, this is strictly a personal matter. This mouse should feel comfortable for someone who has large hands, so consider that before everything else.
Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite
Number of buttons: 17.
- Loaded with 17 fully programmable buttons, ideal for performing frequent actions and executing complex macros in MMOs and MOBAs.
- Patented Key Slider control system lets you reposition the 12 side buttons to comfortably fit your grip. hardware macro playback: three predefined profiles include actions common for MMO gaming as well as General purpose keyboard shortcuts. Custom, gaming Grade 16000 DPI Optical sensor: ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking Engine. Surface calibration tuning Utility: optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- Equipped with a custom PixArt PMW3391 native 18, 000 DPI optical sensor, adjustable in 1 DPI resolution steps, for highly accurate and customizable tracking.
- The SCIMITAR RGB ELITE’s 50 million click-rated Omron switches, durably constructed scroll wheel, and braided cable ensure that it stands up to the wear-and-tear of extended gaming.
- Sculpted to comfortably fit the contours of your palm, regardless of hand size or grip style, with a right-side finger rest for added support.
The Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite is less expensive than the ASUS ROG Spatha X, but it’s still a costly MMO mouse.
The left side has a 12-button panel. Each button can be programmed. You may fit your entire rotation in there, or the most important spells and abilities at least.
The design of the mouse makes it a great “meet me in the middle” option for those who cannot decide between claw or palm grip.
The quality of the cable is another thing worth mentioning. It’s braided and flexible which means that it is durable. The textured material helps with the grip.
Number of buttons: 2/7/12.
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment through dedicated DPI buttons (reprogrammable) for gaming
- Full Modular Customizability: 3 interchangeable side plates with 2, 7 and 12-button configurations
- Up to 19 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse
- Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles: Supports 16.8 million color combinations w/ included preset profiles
- Ridged, Rubberized Scroll Wheel for Maximum Accuracy: Small, tactile bumps increases grip and allows for more controlled scrolling in high-stakes gaming situations
When you cannot decide between a “normal” or an MMO mouse, the Razer Naga Trinity gives you the best of three worlds.
The signature feature of the Razer Naga Trinity is the interchangeable side plates that feature two, seven, or 12 buttons. The design makes the mouse perfect for long MMO sessions. It’s comfortable, it has a good grip, and it’s not prone to fingerprints.
We cannot help giving a thumbs up for the Razer Central. It’s the app that allows users to customize and set up their Razer peripherals. Compared to other apps, Razer Central is intuitive and easy to use.
Number of buttons: 14.
- 20 MMO-tuned buttons: Includes unique 12-button thumb panel designed for quick, no-look navigation. The low-friction polytetrafluoroethylene feet eliminate friction on nearly any surface for smoother motions, precise cursor movements and improved accuracy
- G-shift ring-finger button: Instantly double the number of actions you can perform with every button
- Built for comfort: Sculpted shape and tuned buttons reduce click fatigue during marathon multiplayer sessions. G8-cycle modes
- Total personalization: Set it up your way with customizable thumb panel lighting colors, DPI levels or button assignments
A big part of the player base swears by the good ol’ Logitech G600. This 2012-model is considered the best MMO mouse. It’s reasonably priced and durable.
The 12-button side plate is nothing new, however, the ergonomics are hard to beat. Even some of the more expensive models featuring a similar design don’t come close to the Logitech G600 in terms of comfort.
Each of the 12 buttons can be programmed to the function of your choice. The main issue with this mouse is its availability. It’s a model that has always been in high demand so you will not find it that easily.
Number of buttons: 19.
- The scroll wheel on the Razer Naga now goes left and right, as well as up, down and in for more buttons at your disposal, whether for destroying games or navigating a lengthy forum for the best MMO strategy.
- This iteration of the Razer Naga features an all-new one-size-fits-all ergonomic form factor to ensure your hand fits snugly for maximum comfort.
- Introducing the most intuitive mouse configurator you'll ever need for MMO gaming. Customize each and every button on the Razer Naga to your personal skillset, macros and hotkeys right from in the game via a non-intrusive overlay.
- 8200dpi 4G Laser Sensor. No Razer gaming mouse is complete without a cutting-edge mouse sensor to deliver precision and ultra-responsiveness to your game.
- The Razer Naga is outfitted with a 32 bit ARM processor which means there's a little computer onboard that is computing everything at an incredibly fast rate.
It’s hard to be a left-handed MMO player. By popular demand, Razer brings back the Naga X Left-Hand Edition to make your MMORPG adventure considerably easier.
The mouse has the Naga-specific design. It’s a bulky yet comfortable mouse that will fill your palm nicely. The right side has the 12-button panel. You can customize these buttons for your spells, abilities, macros, and whatnot. It supports up to five different profiles that are easily switchable with the click of a button.
The price is the only downside of the Razer Naga X Left-Hand edition. However, it’s well worth the money if you are a dedicated gamer looking to give nothing short of your best.
Number of buttons: 19.
- Professional Gaming Mouse - Redragon M908 optical gaming mouse is designed with up to 12400 DPI, 5 adjustable DPI levels (500/1000/2000/3000/6200 DPI) meet your multiple needs, either for daily work or gaming. DPI can be adjusted freely by ±100 from 100 to 12400 via software. 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration and high-precision Pixart PAW3327 Sensor giving you a greater edge over your competition.
- RGB Backlight & Programmable Buttons - 16.8 million RGB LED color options (LED Backlight can be disabled). 18 programmable buttons, 5 memory profiles each with a dedicated light color for quick identification. Comes with 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8), easy to change the weight to suit your games.
- Comfort & Precision At Your Hands - Redragon M908 gaming mouse is an essential computer accessory for die-hard gamers with its aggressive design for hands! You will be amazed by the unmatched comfort, lethal accuracy and killer precision of our durable, desktop and laptop pro gaming mouse!
- High-end Design - Redragon M908 Mouse features 8 buttons and 12 MMO programmable side buttons. Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control. 6ft braided-fiber cable with gold-plated USB connector ensures greater durability.
- Die-hard Gamers Choice - Whether you are targeting, aiming, slashing or attacking, a professional gaming mouse is your basic weapon! The mouse will be your ideal partner. Compatible with Windows 2000/ME/XP/03/VISTA/7/8/10 system for programmable using and Mac OS for normal using.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly MMORPG mouse, the Redragon Impact RGB won’t disappoint.
The 12-button panel – a staple for an MMO mouse – is located on the left side. You can program the buttons, however, the customization app is wanting. It works fine, but it takes a while to get used to it.
The Redragon Impact RGB features a sleek surface that doesn’t just look cool, it’s also dirt-repellent and easy to clean. The mouse is well-built and durable. It features additional weights so you can customize it based on your preference.
If you don’t care too much about the brand, you won’t go wrong with this budget-conscious mouse.
Number of buttons: 8.
- TrueMove Pro optical gaming sensor with advanced true 1 to 1 tracking
- 60 million click mechanical switches are to feel crisp from the first click to the last
- Comfortable ambidextrous design is ergonomically designed for left and right handed players
- Made from hyper durable materials engineered with high grade polymer for years of durability
- On board memory to save polling rate, key binds, and up to 5 CPIs directly on the mouse
Believe it or not, there are MMO gamers out there who prefer a nice classic mouse that doesn’t have more buttons than their keyboard.
The SteelSeries Sensei Ten has an ambidextrous design with two buttons on each side. This mouse is made to last. It has a sturdy build and Steelseries promises that it takes more than 60 million clicks for this mouse to show signs of usage.
The mouse works well for palm, fingertip, or claw grip. This means that the mouse caters to all players, no matter how big or small their hands might be. The price is not too bad either.
Number of buttons: 20.
- USB2.0 High-Speed 32-bit Arm Cortex-M33 core microprocessor, supporting a native 8K Hz report rate. Eight times the standard 1K Hz on competing gaming mice for faster response time and precise movements
- Light Strike LK Optical switches are designed to provide faster and better stability. The switches are quicker than any mechanical switch and more durable, reaching a life span of 70 million clicks
- 5 customizable onboard profiles with on the fly DPI settings allow you to take your mouse anywhere
- 3 zone RGB Lighting customizable via the UNLEASH RGB software
- Ergonomic design with multipurpose MMO Pannel w/ 12 buttons, access multi-layer controls and more buttons according to your needs through the physical E-Shift function system. Powered by EVGA UNLEASH RGB software
With so many buttons, do you even need a keyboard anymore? You could make macros to blame the healer, yell at the tank, or complain about the DPS. After all, all these are important parts of the MMO experience.
The left side panel features 10 buttons out of which eight are placed in a circular shape and the other two are towards the front side of the mouse. If you are not a big fan of the traditional 4×3 button grid that we see in most MMO mice, this design will fit your bill. Speaking of bills, the price will not set you back a great deal also.
Number of buttons: 11.
- Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, and PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, IN, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- PowerPlay wireless charging: Never worry about your battery life again. Add the power play wireless charging system to keep your G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse and other compatible G mice charged while at rest and at play. Powerplay wireless charging system sold separately
- Light speed wireless gaming mouse: Exclusive Logitech G ultra-fast wireless technology used by Pro gamers in competitions worldwide
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400plus ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
- 11 customizable buttons and hyper fast scroll wheel: Assign custom macro and shortcut commands to the buttons for each game with Logitech G hub software. Use hyper fast scrolling to rapidly review menus, long web pages and more
The Logitech G502 Lightspeed comes with fewer buttons than you would expect from an MMO mouse. The biggest selling point of this mouse is the Hero 25K sensor which makes it one of the most accurate gaming mice you can get. It has zero smoothing and unmatched responsiveness. Additional weights make it as heavy or as light as you want.
If you find yourself straying from the MMO path once in a while, this mouse is good for other game genres as well. Quality and performance come at a price, so be prepared to pay a pretty penny for this item. If wireless is not your thing, you can opt for the older wired variant.